This weekend I wanted to have a dessert. I’ve not really had a creamy lush dessert since I started the diet so thought as long as I could keep it within the calories and be healthy then I’d eat it. I love Tiramisu and used to make it quite often for my Dad as it was one of his favourite desserts but because of it being so high in fat and sugar, I’d not made it in a long, long time. Since I’ve discovered Quark though, I’ve wanted to make a creamy, sweet dessert that would leave me feeling that I’d eaten something naughty but healthy. So here’s my Virtually Fat Free* Tira Me Soooo Naughty But Healthy dessert…
I’ve made them in our sundae dishes but you can also make them half the size using a small ramekin dish if you prefer a smaller portion. Calories for the sundae portion: 280
- 8 Boudoir Fingers (sponge fingers)
- 1/2 cup of strong black instant coffee – whatever flavour you like – we used Beanies Irish Coffee Flavour with 1tsp Truvia
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml Fat Free Quark
- 150g Greek Style Fat Free Yogurt
- 20g Truvia
- 6 tsp Choc Shot (divided by the 2 glasses)
Mix the quark with the yogurt and the Truvia and mix really well until a smooth creamy consistency.
Place the 8 fingers in a dish and pour on the strong coffee and wait until fully absorbed.
Spoon 1 tablespoon cream into one of the glasses then one of the fingers, cream, 1 tsp choc shot, 1 finger, cream, 1 tsp of choc shot, 2 more fingers then top with cream and the final 1 tsp choc shot.
To make sure you have the same amount in each glass, do them at the same time or you’ll end up with 1 glass having less in.
Chill for a few hours – then devour!
* 0.8g of fat for 4 boudoir biscuits and 0.6g fat in the Choc Shot so it’s virtually fat free. If you use fat free sponge and cocoa powder instead, then it’s fat free!